- actively lead and engage your peers in an AIGA Student Group* for the duration of one school year (Fall 2013–Spring 2014)
- promote and support the initiatives of AIGA Detroit
- attend exclusive Student Ambassador events
- collaborate and plan upcoming student events for Spring 2014
- act as a liaison between the AIGA Student Group Faculty Advisor and the AIGA Detroit Education Director
- provide status updates to AIGA Detroit at the end of the first semester and twice in the second semester
- a reputable item on the resume, will look good to future employers
- waived Contributor AIGA membership
- instant peer and professional connections
- build experience organizing people and activities
- exclusive Student Ambassador events planned just for you
Exclusive Student Ambassador Events (for accepted ambassadors only!)
- Ambassador Social (November 2013)
- Ambassador Meeting (February 2014)
Junior or Senior level status enrolled in a graphic design program endorsement from a faculty member
Are you interested in applying? Submit a letter of interest (1 page maximum) about why you would like to be a Student Ambassador. Share ideas for how you might engage your peers in an AIGA Student Group. Submitting a digital multi-media narrative in place of a letter is optional. Send documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obtain one letter of reference from a current or former faculty member. Have the faculty memeber send the letter as a PDF to email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions: September 30th
Notification of acceptance: October 7th
*An AIGA Student Group must have 10 official members to qualify as an active group. A prize package will be awarded to Student Ambassadors that get 10 or more members to join AIGA. More details to come!