AIGA Detroit members are invited to attend the Roadshow event, where 60+ illustrators will showcase their work and/or sell their art and illustrated products. This is part of the Opening Night Party on Thursday, July 12th at the WESTIN. AIGA members are also be welcome to attend the Opening Ceremonies and Keynote on the main stage.
Icon brings together top illustrators, designers, educators, representatives, and art buyers to explore the future of illustration. Since 1999, we have produced conferences in Santa Fe, Philadelphia, San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Providence, Portland, and Austin.
Icon is committed to providing a diverse forum for an ongoing dialogue that serves the illustration, design, publishing, advertising, and academic communities.
Detroit, Michigan will be the host city for ICON10 The Illustration Conference.
ICON is taking its first slow roll into the Midwest. Mark your calendars now — you won’t want to miss the distinctive details in this city of makers and music, not to mention the epic Coney rivalry.
We look forward to seeing you in Detroit July 11-14, 2018.
We are also proud to present the Board of Directors & Advisors for ICON10.
Under the guidance and direction of Julie Murphy and Len Small, our two recently appointed co-Presidents, the new ICON10 Board and Advisors are already at work planning the next conference.
ICON10 Board of Directors
- Julie Murphy – co-President
- Len Small – co-President
- Selina Alko – Vice President
- Victo Ngai – Treasurer
- Veronica Marche Jamison – Secretary
- Scott Bakal – Events and Logistics Chair
- Marty Blake – Education Chair
- Josh Cochran – Stage Chair
- Bri Hermanson – Communications Chair
- Hellen Jo – Roadshow Chair
- Adam McCauley – Advocacy Chair
- Lily Smith-Kirkley – Workshop Chair
- Abe Vizcarra – Technology/Design Chair
- Alexandra Zsigmond – Programming Chair
- Richard Borge – Motion/Animation
- Hector Casanova – Education
- Kayla E. – Design
- Frieda Gossett – Bookstore
- Eron Hare – Volunteers
- Donald Kilpatrick – Local Liaison
- Steffanie Lorig – Advocacy
- Lauren Panepinto – Kaleidoscope
- Svein Størksen – International
- Mark Heflin – Executive Director