June 7–9th, 2017
The Ohio State University
Department of Design
This international event brings together motion design educators from different areas of expertise to present work and discuss motion and how it enhances, effects, changes messages, meaning, and communication. The conference takes place at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, 07–09 June 2017. Conference presentations will take place at the Wexner Center for the Arts and Hayes Hall.
MODE is a gathering of design educators who specialize, research and teach in the area of motion design. We see this event of particular interest and relevance to graphic design, visual communication design, typography, cinema, theatre, fashion design, animation and storytelling. Together we will help shape the professional, theoretical and educational aspects of motion design. We encourage all interested parties to submit, as our definition of motion is quite diverse.
- July 15, 2016 – Open Call for Proposals
- November 1, 2016 – Extended Abstract Deadline
- December 7, 2016 – Notification of Accepted Abstract
- March 1, 2017 – Notification of Paper Accepted with Reviewer Feedback
- April 15, 2017 – Revised Paper, Ready for Publication Due
- June 7, 8, 9, 2017 – Conference at The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- June 30, 2017 – Conference Proceedings will be ready to download